SHS Staff Present at National Conference
SHS staff presented at the National Principals Conference last week in Chicago. Mr. Zibelli, Mrs. Young and Mr. Hopkins represented Sentinel Nation extremely well.
Welcome, Mr. Barnett!
Please welcome our new District Technology Director, Mr. Scott Barnett. He started his new position this week!
Attention SHS students and families! We are no longer using Blackboard Connect to send information out. Please check Facebook, Twitter, the principal blog or the website for the latest updates. We will be transitioning to a new system later in the summer.
The Admin team at the high school is updating a number of our websites this month. The graduation and portfolio sites will be offline until August 6th, Other sites may go offline for periods of time as we update. Thank you for your patience!
Update for Class of 2022
Please visit the school news section of our website for the latest updates for the incoming freshmen class.
- Summer Reading Clarification – The school-wide summer reading book is Irresistible: The Rise of Addictive Technology and the Business of Keeping Us Hooked. The incoming freshmen will be reading To Kill A Mockingbird in the fall. Incoming freshmen may pick up a copy of To Kill a Mockingbird and start it this summer but it is NOT a required summer reading.
- Summer Work – Here is a summary of required summer work:
- English – See above.
- Math – Algebra and Geometry do have summer work. Click here for more info.
- Science – No summer work! Enjoy your vacation.
- Social Studies – No summer work!
Community Service Opportunity
The Friends of Smithfield Cemeteries are in need of volunteers. There are many opportunities to lend a hand. They need assistance with trimming or removing fallen branches, cleaning headstones, and general maintenance of cemeteries. The hours are very flexible. They can accommodate tough summer schedules.
If interested, call Bob Buonaccorsi at 349-4074, Don Burns at 447-0100, or Skip Tuetken at 233-0660.
Stop and Shop A+ Rewards Program
SHS is registered for the 2018/2019 A+ Reward Program through Stop and Shop. Please see links below for more information.
SHS Hall of Fame Golf Outing
The SHS Hall of Fame Committee is hosting a golf tournament on September 7th at Countryview Golf Club. 9 am start. Scramble format. $125 per person. More info may be found here or you can contact Tony Torregrossa @ firstname.lastname@example.org.