Attendance Calls to Parents
On Monday, November 4th, SHS will be sending automated attendance calls to parents when students are absent and have not communicated with the high school office. We appreciate your patience as we work through the first week of implementation of this new system. Thank you!
- November 6 – No School – Election Day
- November 12 – No School – Veteran’s Day
- November 15 – No School – Parent Teacher Conferences
- November 22 & 23 – No School – Thanksgiving
- November 22 – Football @ North Providence 10:30 am
Snowball Drop Raffle
The Smithfield All Lit Up Christmas Parade Committee is selling raffle tickets for the annual Snowball Drop Raffle. If you are interested in purchasing tickets, please contact Mr. Kelley at the high school.
Message From American Legion
Skip Sweeney from Post 64 asked that we share the following information.
On Saturday, November 10th, the members of Balfour-Cole Post 64 will be having a ceremony to re-dedicate the Fred C. Cole memorial on Farnum Pike. Fred Cole was killed in action in France on November 1, 1918, and we felt, on the 100th anniversary, it was important to remind ourselves and others of his sacrifice.
The ceremony will take place in the parking area of the VFW post on Farnum Pike (the memorial is just south of there, near the intersection of Homestead Avenue (https://www.smithfieldri.com/veterans-war-memorials/fred-c-cole-square/ ).
The ceremony is to commence at noon. We hope you will spread the word and help us honor this common man who gave his all for our country.
SHS Athletic Update
- Keep an eye on the playoff schedule on http://www.riil.org. Girls soccer will be playing in the DI Semi-Finals this week.
- Winter sports officially begin the Monday after Thanksgiving. All winter athletes must register and submit all paperwork online before you can practice. Visit https://smithfieldhs.rschoolteams.com/ and click Activity Registration.
World Language Department Celebrations This Week!
Mrs. Daniel’s Spanish 5 students took some time to remember and speak about loved ones on the Day of the Dead.
The World Language Department dressed up for Halloween this year! #curemonolingualism